10.30.2013

Tabletop: A Glamorous Yet Spooky Halloween




With Halloween being just one day away, I thought I would share some last minute inspiration. After attending a few costume parties this month and getting my usual fix of haunted houses and scary movies, I was in the mood to have a low-key intimate gathering that was all about glamour infused with some spookiness....

Even though it was only four us, I suggested "Black Tie Attire with Some Halloween Flair" and set the table to reflect the look. I turned almost all but one of the lights off in our apartment and emphasized lots of candlelight to create a spooky yet elegant feel. In the background, I played soundtracks from some of our favorite horror flicks such as Psycho, Rosemary's Baby, The Exorcist and Halloween. 

I layered each place setting, starting with a black placemat, followed by a sparkling gold charger and a copper colored dinner plate. Black and white napkins with a ivory colored bow gave the setting an additional layer of dressiness. I placed blood red taper candles in the center of the table, along with a glittery black crow candle holder, and added some creepy black owls around the table. 

For a signature sinister cocktail, I created a simple recipe using Lambrusco and Cassis that had a dark purple almost black hue (recipe to follow this afternoon). After dinner, we kept sipping away and played everyone's favorite murder mystery board game - Clue.



So if you are in the mood to stay home tomorrow night.....invite some friends over and get into the spirit with a little spooky glam....Happy Halloween!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment