Happy Monday, my dears! Hope you all had a great weekend. I made it back from my southern road trip just in time to enjoy perfect summer weather in CT. Victor and I, managed to clock quite a few hours at the beach and went stand up paddle boarding twice. We also went to a friends fun pool party, spent a couple hours in the garden, and somehow snuck in a Sunday date night with margaritas and grilled shrimp tacos with spicy broccoli slaw. I love this healthy version of slaw that is made with yogurt as opposed to sour cream and/or mayonnaise. It's got a nice kick to it and tastes clean and fresh. The sweetness of the white balsamic vinegar and agave off set the heat from the red pepper. You can use it as a side dish (great with BBQ) or scoop right on top of whatever taco fish or meat you choose. I like keeping it in the fridge for easy no fuss access. We eat tacos at least once a week, so it makes them super easy to prepare when you have the slaw all ready to go! Keep reading for the recipe.
- 3 cups shredded broccoli slaw
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons 2% greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder or to taste
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients and toss thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Makes: 4 servings as side dish or topping for 8 tacos.