This is my healthy version of a 7-Eleven Cherry Slurpee. I loved the icy cold drink as a kid and still crave them in the summer. Now knowing that they are loaded with corn syrup and food coloring, my Slurpee days are over, but this is the next best thing. The Cherry Smoothie is robust with the reminiscent cherry flavor and as an added bonus it's dairy free and full of anti-oxidants. It's a delicious and cooling sweet treat anytime of the day. And you feel like a kid when drinking it (at least I do)! It is also a yummy summertime drink to serve to guests...and the deep red color is a perfect compliment to a 4th of July party! Keep reading for the recipe..
- 14 cherries, pitted and sliced in half
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon lavender honey
- 1-2 cups ice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender.
- Blend on high until smooth (you want it to be icy).
- Pour in a glass and serve with a cherry on top.
Makes: 1 serving