There is not much to this dish when it comes to ingredients yet every bite tastes oh so good. You may have noticed that I keep recipes pretty simple in the summer. I like to let the fresh produce take center stage and enjoy them as unadulterated as possible. Blueberry season is in full swing in CT and I have been including them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They combine beautifully with ripe figs, and the flavors are enhanced subtly with lavender and mint. While I made this recently for dessert, it's filling enough for breakfast and light enough for an afternoon snack.
Blueberries and Figs with Lavender Honey Yogurt
- 4-6 tablespoons lavender honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 1 pint blueberries, washed
- 8 figs, sliced in quarters
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- In a bowl combine the lavender honey and vanilla with the yogurt.
- Divide the blueberries between four bowls then place a large dollop of yogurt on top.
- Arrange the fig slices around the yogurt then drizzle some extra honey on top.
- Garnish with mint springs.