I like to stew the fruit the night before so there is no prep in the morning. I also typically add some fresh fruit with the stewed fruit to balance the sweetness, and to get more fiber.
Stewed Plums and Blueberries Over Greek Yogurt
- 3 plums, pitted and sliced
- 1 1/2 cup blueberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons coconut flakes
- In a small saucepan over medium to high heat combine 2 plums, 1 cup blueberries, honey and water.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat, and simmer for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let cool.
- Divide the yogurt into four bowls.
- Add the remaining plum slices and then spoon stewed fruit on top, and sprinkle with coconut flakes.
- Garnish with the rest of the blueberries, and serve.
Makes: 4 servings