9.12.2013

Style: A Ladylike Look

A ladylike look is one that I am always impartial to. I attribute this to my mom who as a teenager in the 50's, idolized Grace Kelly and had the wardrobe to prove it, and then in the 60's was influenced by the style of Jackie Kennedy. It's also because of my grandmother who built-up a fabulous wardrobe consisting of the classic designers of the day such as Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Christian Dior, Adolfo, Valentino and Oscar de la Renta. I am blessed to have inherited my grandmothers beautiful clothes and love that she gave me the gift of always having something classic and unique to reach for in my closet.

As we see the Spring 2014 designs coming off the runways, I can't help but gravitate towards the ladylike looks that stand the test of time and offer an air of nostalgia. Whether it's a party dress or a chic suit, Oscar de la Renta nails the look every time. Here are some of my favorites from his Spring 2014 Ready-to-Wear Collection...















                                                                                     Images: Style.com