It's been a big week thus far and to cap it off, I am helping to host a party for a non-profit I am involved with in NYC tonight. It's going to be a Pink & Green soiree Bermuda Style. The guests will be dressed in preppy pink and green, sipping Dark 'N' Stormy's and dancing to island music under the stars. It's going to be such a fun evening and I am looking forward to seeing so many dear friends. Since it has been such a hectic week, I have been throwing together simple salads that are easy on prep with a clean spring/summer feel. Per usual, this one came together by opening the refrigerator and seeing what was in it....
You can either put a slice of goat cheese on top of the greens and then drizzle with the Lavender Honey Vinaigrette or break up the goat cheese and toss.
Clementine Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese, Golden Raisins & Lavender Honey Vinaigrette
- 5-6 cups arugula
- 2 clementines, segmented and sliced in half
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons raw sliced almonds
- 1-2 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1/8 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup fresh squeezed clementine juice
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lavender honey
- Put the arugula, clementines, and raisins into a salad bowl and toss.
- Crumble the goat cheese on top.
- Place the remaining ingredients into a jar, shake and pour desired amount over salad then toss.
- Or follow step #1, then plate with a slice of goat cheese on top and drizzle the vinaigrette.
Makes: 4 servings