5.12.2013

Tabletop: Happy Mother's Day!


Happy Mother's Day to my mom and all you mom's out there. I have put together a little tabletop inspiration celebrating three generations of mom's in my family. The green charger's were my great grandmother's, the silver and linens were my grandmother's and the vase my mom gave me when I got my first grown-up apartment. For the centerpiece and as a gift to my mom, instead of a bouquet of flowers, I like giving my mom something that will last a lot longer....


Blue Woodland Phlox is a beautiful and fragrant perennial plant that blooms every spring and can get as tall as 20 inches. You can place it in a cachepot for the tabletop centerpiece for brunch/lunch and then later in the day plant it with your mom. When the following Mother's Day rolls around, you can cut the stems and arrange the violet-blue flowers in a vase. It's a wonderful reminder for years to come.

Hope you all are having a special day celebrating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment