5.15.2013

Good Morning: Roasted Spring Vegetable Scramble


One of my favorite things about roasted vegetables is how good they taste the next day and that you can use them as leftovers in all kinds of different ways. I could go on and on about how to reinvent them...but typically I end up using them in a breakfast or brunch dish (especially after a dinner party). So after making the fabulous Roasted Medley of Spring Vegetables on Saturday, I threw them into a veggie scramble for brunch.



I cut down the veggies a bit more, heated them up in my  Le Creuset Braiser and added farm fresh eggs and goat cheese. Since, I live for baja style Mexican food.....I decided to pile on the cilantro, then put the scramble in grilled corn tortilla's with a little bit of arugula, squeezed lime on top and added a spoonful of green salsa. I also suggest avocado, but we sadly were all out. My hubby on the other hand opted to have the scramble over two pieces of  toasted seven grain bread. Either one tastes delish -  we both were very happy! 



Roasted Vegetable Scramble

Ingredients: 
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil 
  • 2 cups Roasted Medley of Spring Vegetables, roughly chopped 
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder 
  • Sea Salt to taste 
  • Ground pepper to taste 
  • 8 free-range eggs 
  • 2 tablespoons water  
  • 3-4 ounces goat cheese
  • Scallions, trimmed and chopped 
  • Handful of cilantro, roughly chopped 
Directions: 
  • In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat and add the roasted vegetables with garlic powder, salt and pepper.  
  • In a mixing bowl, beat together eggs and water. 
  • Add egg mixture to vegetables and as they begin to set scramble them gently. 
  • When eggs are almost done, mix in goat cheese.
  • Garnish with scallions and cilantro. 
  • Serve immediately over toast and/or in grilled corn tortillas with a squeeze of lime. 
Makes: 6 Servings 

No comments:

Post a Comment