As an alternative to soap, I typically remove my makeup at night with either DIY cleansing grains or my custom blended Intrinsic Beauty Rejuvenating Night Serum (which will be available to you all very soon!). Depending on what I think my skin needs, I often mix-up the ingredients in the cleansing grains. However, my go to is the Chamomile Cranberry Oatmeal blend, especially when my skin looks a bit tired.....
Cleansing grains gently exfoliate the skin while also removing surface dirt. The ground-up oatmeal has extremely nourishing and moisturizing properties while chamomile powder soothes and tones the skin. The cranberry powder is the secret ingredient for when skin is looking somewhat tired - it is loaded with anti-oxidants and has skin brightening properties. The White Kaolin Clay absorbs excess dirt and toxins and is not too trying for sensitive or dry skin. I like to use this blend 1-2 times per week.
Chamomile Cranberry Cleansing Grains
- 1 cup raw organic oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon chamomile flower powder
- 1 teaspoon white kaolin clay
- 1/2 teaspoon cranberry powder
- Using an electric grinder, grind the oatmeal into a fine powder.
- Put the oatmeal powder into a bowl and mix-in the other ingredients. Instead of chamomile flower power, you can also buy the dried flowers and grind it yourself.
- Scoop 1 to 2 teaspoons of grains into the palm of your hand, add enough water to make into a paste.
- Gently massage the paste onto your face.
- Rinse with water and pat dry.
- Best to store remaining cleansing grains in a glass container with a tight fitting lid.
*All ingredients can be found at www.mountainrosehebs.com