While officially the first day of summer is about 4 weeks away, Memorial Day weekend unofficially kicks off the season. I don't know about you, but I am ready for long lazy beach days, BBQ's and water sports. In anticipation for our upcoming long holiday weekend, here are some essentials to help you get prepared for a full day at the beach.......
1. MYSINGSÖ Beach Chair from Ikea: I adore these old school style beach chairs. They are chic and easy to carry.
2. Summer Straw Hat from J-Crew: The extra-wide brim, keeps your face covered while looking pretty in pink.
3. Tile Beach Towel from Land's End: Totally digging the pattern on this comfy large towel that can be monogrammed.
4. 7.5' Beach Umbrella in Red and White Stripe: After spending my childhood and then some in the CA sun - I am all about being under the umbrella.
5. Boat and Tote Bag, Zip-Top: The classic extra-large L.L. Bean tote holds a ton and is super durable.
6. Number One Crazy Tortoise Shell by Karen Walker: I am partial to tortoise shell...think Grace Kelly.
7. Bocce Ball Set from Terrain: Such fun to play when on a group beach outing. I love playing towards the end of the day when the sun is coming down and cocktail is in hand.
8. The Honest Company Sunscreen: We all know how important sunscreen is by now. What some may not know is how many unnecessary chemicals there are in them. The Environmental Working Group has a sunscreen guide that lets you know the best brands to use. Ideally, you want them to have a low-hazard score between 0-2.
9. SUP ATX Paddleboard | Model: HR | Color: Red: I am pretty much obsessed with Stand Up Paddle Boarding. I like to have a board at the beach so I can just get up and go. It's easy to learn, great for your core and so much fun.
10. Aqua and Blue Striped Galvanized Steel Bucket Grill from Cost Plus: Just the right size, easy to carry and is perfect for shrimp!
11. L.L. Bean's Kelty Folding Cooler: Love that it won't take up too much room in the storage closet, is PVC-free, has four cup holders and comes with a couple of koozies.
12. Hardwood Paddle Ball Set from Terrain: Victor and I battle it out all summer long. This set has old school CA style and charm.