2.04.2013

Tabletop: Vintage Blush Pink + Gold

Today is my third year wedding anniversary and I must confess -  I am married to the most wonderful man. This darling husband of mine deserves to be pampered, and I did just that by surprising him with an early celebration "just for two." Since our anniversary falls so close to Valentine's Day, I went with a romantic tabletop theme emphasizing blush pink tones with touches of gold. Simple and a bit whimsical, this tabletop is made up of vintage and heirloom pieces. It could easily be expanded for a ladylike brunch or a Valentine's Day celebration with your girls.

  

I have been collecting pink depression glass for years and in the month of February, it gets a lot of use. The centerpiece (which is lacking flowers - I ran out of time to get to the store - you know how it goes) is actually a celery holder. 
The plates were my great grandmother's and are usually on display - I was excited to put them to use!
My grandmother gave me the gold flatware when I got my first apartment in college. You can easily find similar pieces at flea markets, and look great either mixed or matched.
The pink linen tablecloth was also my grandmother's and the napkins were a present from my mom - she got them at a flea market in Washington, DC. 
A recent antique store find, I have been getting quite a bit of use out of these gold rimmed champagne glasses. Love the 1920's look of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment