2.05.2013

Healthy Recipe: Vegan Coconut Layer Birthday Cake

Birthdays are a big deal in my family. We take the time to celebrate properly and it always involves a coconut cake. The last few years, I have been experimenting with "healthier" versions of our traditional favorite. This Coconut Layer Cake recipe by Amy Chaplin of Coconut & Quinoa is by far one of the best recipes I have found. Vegan and made without refined white flour or sugar, you do not get the typical birthday sugar high or the upset tummy that often comes with heavy buttercream. It's wonderfully decadent and delicious, plus with it's red berry filling, it's a sweet treat for Valentine's Day.


With my birthday being today and my dad's on Thursday, we will be going big as always! 

Images: 1 & 2 

No comments:

Post a Comment