We have a lot to celebrate on this beautiful Friday! The official relaunch of Intrinsic Beauty (yay!), the fact that the weekend is here and, well....it's still summer! We have plenty of time to enjoy pool parties, beach BBQ's and al fresco gatherings. To help celebrate...I have concocted a refreshingly light cocktail with an unusual flavor combination; honeydew melon and herbaceous lemon verbena. This little drink goes down very easily and can be quite the thirst quencher. If you are wanting to sip it alcohol free substitute the rum/prosecco with Pellegrino water. Cheers! Go to the jump for the recipe!
Honeydew Lemon Verbena Sparkler
- 1/2 honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 4 ounces white rum
- 3 tablespoons of chopped lemon verbena
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 6 tablespoons agave syrup
- 3-4 cups ice
- 1 bottle prosecco
- In a blender combine all the ingredients except the prosecco. Blend until nice and slushy.
- Pour mixture into 4 medium size glasses - about 3/4 of the way full. Place one large ice cube into each glass and top off with prosecco.
- Garnish with a lemon verbena leaf. Enjoy!