Garlic Scape Pesto
- 10-12 garlic scapes
- 1/2 cup herbs, chopped (chives, basil, thyme, parsley)
- 1/4-1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons, lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 multi-grain baguette, sliced and toasted
- Put the scapes, herbs, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor.
- Pulse until all the ingredients are blended smoothly.
- Taste and check the consistency, you can add more olive oil if you would like it to be thinner.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. You need quite a bit of salt to balance out the flavor.
- Spread onto crostini's and add desired toppings.