3.21.2014

Tabletop: Spring Awakening

Last weekend, we combined two family birthday's into one big dinner party. My mom and my cousin cousin Kacey are both Pisces and their birthdays are just one day apart. With my parents visiting us in CT and Kacey living just 20 minutes up the road, we concluded that a party was a must. Plus, Kacey and I are both married to off-the-boat Irishman and they always like a reason to have a party, especially when it will most likely go late enough to carryover into St. Patty's day - which it did! 

With spring around the corner and our honorary Irish day approaching, I embraced a green color palette and sprinkled it with some cheerful color. We collectively decided that we wanted to have a seated dinner party with some formal flare so I set a more traditional table using mainly heirloom pieces. My mom was very close to her grandmother so I incorporated my great-grandmother's salad plates, as well as her dessert spoons.

For the centerpiece, I loosely arranged star-shaped pink lilies into a Vera Wang crystal vase atop a vintage silver tray. Lilies signal  spring and they look beautiful by themselves.

There were 12 of us in total and after dinner we lingered around the table for two hours. The birthday girls had a wonderful time, as did we all!

No comments:

Post a Comment