I am all about individual portions as they make whatever you're eating seem extra special and just for you! These adorable mini apple crisps are not too filling so you can serve them for dessert along with something else. Perhaps a slice of the Pumpkin Ice Cream Pie? Or if your guests are feeling a bit stuffed (inevitable on Thanksgiving) and just need a little something sweet...then this is the perfect size...
Mini Apple Crisps
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 - 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (can substutute with coconut oil)
For the Apples:
- 6 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamon
- 6 scopps of vanilla ice cream or vegan vanilla coconut milk ice cream
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Place the walnuts into a plastic bag and crush with a mallet.
- In a medium size bowl, combine crushed walnuts, oats, honey, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Cut in butter to form a coarse texture. Cover and place mixture in refrigerator.
- Heat maple syrup and honey in a medium size skillet, add apples and coat them with syrup.
- Add the lemon juice and remaining ingredients.
- Stirring occasionally, cook until apples are tender (about 5 -8 minutes).
- Place apple filling into 6 separate lightly greased 7 ounce ramekins.
- Top the apples with the crumble mixture and place ramekins on a baking sheet and put in oven for 10-15 minutes, until the apples are nice and tender and the topping is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cook for a few minutes.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on top of crumble.
- Garnish with nutmeg.
*You can prepare this a day or two ahead of time. Just follow instructions 2-8. Leave covered in the refrigerator until ready to bake in the oven.
Makes: 6 servings
Makes: 6 servings