8.07.2013

Good Morning: Apricot & Berry Fruit Salad

Hi, gang (as my dad would say)! Sorry the postings have been non-existent lately. I had a whole plan to keep caught up while I was away and well, it fell to the wayside. As I got more and more relaxed, I decided to totally unplug. And now, after 2 weeks in Ireland, a trip down south, and a weekend at one of my favorite seaside destinations.....I am feeling refreshed and ready to open up the computer again. Hope July was a great month for you all!




Last weekend, Vic and I packed up a picnic for an early breakfast at the beach. Embracing all the ripe, juicy summer stone fruit, I mixed us up a fruit salad that included blueberries, blackberries, unsweetened coconut, golden raisins and sliced almonds. Loaded with fiber and anti-oxidants, this simple to make breakfast is deliciously sweet and substantial. It's also perfect for when you are on-the-go. Just make it the night before, place in mason jars and keep it in the fridge. On Monday, I tossed a jar in my bag and we ate it on the train back to the city.



Apricot & Berry Fruit Salad 

Ingredients: 
  • 2 ripe apricots, sliced 
  • 1 ripe yellow plum, sliced 
  • 1 cup blueberries 
  • 1/2 cup blackberries 
  • 1/4 cup raw, sliced almonds 
  • 1/4 cup golden raisins 
  • 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut 
  • Mint sprig, for garnish 
Directions:
  1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and store in individual l=mason jars. 
  2. Garnish with mint. 
Makes: 2-3 servings 

No comments:

Post a Comment